Clean Tech Mission New York 2022
Publish Date: September 30th, 2022
In September, we had the pleasure of partnering with Urban Innovation on their Clean Tech Mission to New York to offer Berlin-based startups and scale-ups the unique opportunity of a high-level market exploration program in New York City!
Urban Innovation is a global network of changemakers aimed at transforming urban areas into smart and livable ecosystems. They connect startups, scaleups and other organizations from Berlin with high-level ecosystem players in London, New York and Singapore.
The nine startups that participated in the Clean Tech Mission enjoyed a week full of exciting events and networking opportunities. Here’s a recap of the week’s highlights (Sep. 12-16):
1. The week kicked off with a working breakfast at the Berlin Business Office, USA with the German American Chamber of Commerce, Inc. and the New York City Economic Development Corporation.
2. Next, we got a tour of the exciting innovation hub Newlab located in the Brooklyn Navy Yard, a state-of-the-art, interdisciplinary space designed to support entrepreneurs working on new technologies. Our startups were able to pitch their ideas, sit down for a conversation about opportunities at NewLab, and received training on the “American” way of pitching.
3. We attended a high-level networking reception hosted by the German Consulate General New York, featuring a beautiful view of NYC at night and great networking opportunities.
4. Again with a great view of NYC from above, we had the pleasure of seeing our startups pitch at the SAP Purpose & Sustainability Center to select VCs who provided insightful feedback. There was also the opportunity to find potential business partners during a matchmaking session.
5. The next stop was a roundtable discussion at the New York City Department of Transportation, where we learned more from key decision-makers about New York City’s future mobility needs and vision, as well as potential opportunities for startups to get involved.
6. We visited Trust for Governors Island to learn more about their Center for Climate Solutions and exciting future plans for the island, including other sustainability projects!
7. The week ended with a great time at GREENTECH FESTIVAL, where we dressed up for the gala, heard insightful speeches at the conference, and attended bootcamps.
Don’t forget to check out the participating startups and their missions:
We would like to thank everyone involved in organizing this fantastic program and making this great opportunity to connect the ecosystems of Berlin and New York possible!!